The 7 Mistakes to Avoid When Buying an Aluminum Fence
- No Guaranteed Lowest Price or Price Match Guarantee
Prices vary greatly on the internet for aluminum fence. The easiest way to get the best price is to use a company that will match or beat any competitor’s price. When a company ships thousands of fences per year, the manufacturers give them the special prices and those get passed on to customers.
A Price Match Guarantee let’s you know that the company has the financial power to compete on any price essentially giving you wholesale prices on aluminum fence. Fencetown will not be beat on price!
- The Vendor Only Carries One or Two Aluminum Fence Brands
When a fence company only offers one or two brands, you have much more limited choices and may get the wrong fence, or pay far too much for it. More fence brands and more fences, means more choices and a better price.
It is best to work with a fence company that carries at least four brands and 80 fence models so you have the freedom and choice to get the best fence for your specific application. Better companies will offer at least a dozen different pool fences, security fences or general purpose fences. They will also carry Midgrade and heavy-duty commercial grade fences for more demanding applications like restaurants, sports venues and public areas. Fencetown carries over 10,000 products from 15 vendors.
Poor Customer Service
We have all unfortunately had experiences with calls to companies with staff that can not help you, had long times to get quotes, treated you with rudeness or lack of interest and provided no help after an order is placed.
There is just no excuse for this – you need to work with someone that wants your business. More importantly, early poor customer service tells you the type of experience you can expect going forward. With customer service for fencing companies there are four things our customers demand:
- PROMPTNESS AND RELIABILITY – The aluminum fence company should answer the telephone quickly and not send you to voice mail. They follow up all calls and emails quickly and exactly when they say they will, and always within a day or same day.
- KIND AND COURTEOUS – The staff should be professional, always courteous, easy to deal with and love to get customer phone calls. Some fence companies are so busy working with local walk-in customers that they hurry any phone or web customers - It should be all about you.
- DEEP KNOWLEDGE – The company should have a staff with deep aluminum fencing knowledge and be extremely helpful with any questions you may have on choosing, laying out, installing, maintaining or ordering a fence. You want complete confidence that what you ordered is the exact right materials and they will show up on time and in perfect condition.
- FOLLOW THROUGH - The staff follows your order from the very first call or email through shipping to any support you may need afterwards. Any fencing company should be happy to help you long after your order is placed.
- Low Quality Chinese Fence Imports
Many American made fence products tend to be higher quality than imported ones. Fencetown regularly replaces Chinese fences purchased elsewhere, that are only a year or two old. The main issues concerning the low-cost Chinese aluminum fences are that they bend when you lean hard on them and they get shaky over time because of the brackets used to assemble them. Many of these brackets are also unsightly with external fasteners that help make the fence less stable.
Most well designed American aluminum fences like Onguard Fence, Delgard, Specrail and Gilpin Fence have channels for attachment of the rails to the posts. In addition, they have thicker extruded posts and rails that are strong and long lasting. They come with lifetime limited warranties that protect against any problems related to peeling, cracking or aging. What do you save when you have to replace a entire fence in just a few years? One of the best ways to avoid this mistake is to work with a firm that will send you free fence samples. Fencetown will send you up to 3 samples of fences at no cost.
- Fence Quotes Take More Than One Day and Have Hidden Costs
The best of fence companies have excellent customer service and sell a very high volume of fencing. They have larger and better trained staff, which makes getting you a reliable quote at a great price much easier. If you can not get a fast, accurate quote in 24 hours, then you are dealing with a less than great fencing company. Most importantly on your quote, you should see all costs and fees – there should never be any hidden fees, shipping charges or missing residential delivery fees, etc.
Everything needs to be up front in the fence quote and you should let the company know that they you will go elsewhere if any hidden fees are added after the quote.
- No Add to Cart Feature on Web site
The easiest way to get the price of a complete fence is to use a retailer who has prices of thousands of their fence products on a web site with a full shopping cart. It will allow you to quickly see what the cost of any style is and compare it any other site or quote. It takes a lot of work to enter thousands of products and this tells you something about the size and investment that Fencetown has made in their company. More importantly you can price out your entire fence from the comfort of your home at any hour of the day. No one has a more robust shopping cart than Fencetown.
- No Fence Experts to Help Design Your Fence
While many fences are simple to design, don’t assume you will get the exact right products without a fence expert to review your layout. Using our free fence experts to help you ensures you will get the right fence that will last for many years. Our staff has literally helped thousands of customers and can solve any fence issue.
Other Aluminum Fence Links and Information
Some other aluminum fence information you may find useful:
Get the FREE Fencetown Guide to Aluminum Fence
Need an Aluminum Fence Quote in 24 Hours?
Aluminum Fence Installation
How to Choose an Aluminum Fence
Aluminum Fence Buyers Checklist
Our Price Match Guarantee
Start Looking at Aluminum Fence Now